Today started where I left off with the kids last night. They made cookies last night that we delivered to our neighborhood fire station today. I have to say, it took me longer to clean up all the mess from them making the cookies, than it actually took for the cookies to cook. Anyway, we stopped by there this morning and gave them a plate of yummy blue raspberry flavored cookies. I had tried to coach the girls and especially Elle on a few things she could say when we got there.....she went mute when the firemen came out. All three kids were the quietest I've ever seen. Maybe I should take them there more often.
After doing some fun shopping, including looking for stuff for a future fairy garden the girls and I are going to start, I took them to our local art center to see an exhibit entitled Tomfoolery. It looked funny and I figured that the kids would get a kick out of irreverent art. The studio wasn't nearly as big as I had hoped, but it was a new experience for them so that's all that mattered. Here's one of our favorite pieces.
The curator warned me upon entering that behind this wall was one partial nude painting. I checked it out and just decided not to make a big deal about it and try to kind of steer clear of it. Unfortunately Levi spotted it before we left and was pretty excited to see boobies. I just acted real nonchalant and then moved him right along. In the car, I asked each of the kids which painting was their favorite and can you guess which one Levi said? Yep, the boobies one.
During Levi's nap, I took the girls to an Alice in Wonderful themed tea party at the public library. I knew it was going to be a stretch to get them there since it sounded way too fru-fru in their mind and too babyish too. I sold them by saying they didn't have to dress up at all and they would get sweets. They agreed to go. This picture was a set up they had and I thought it was so cute...wish I could take it home and use it as a photo backdrop!
The entertainment was a couple that did silent comedy. The girls actually really liked it a lot and when everything was said and done they didn't have one negative comment about the whole event! That is serious success!
I thought the backdrop was so pretty I just had to take a photo of it all by itself!
Continuing on with the Cloudy W.A.C.O.M.B. theme, we had Tacodile Supreme for dinner but I didn't take a picture because really it was just beef tacos with a fun name :) For dessert; gummie bears.






No comments:
Post a Comment