Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Break: Tuesday

About the time I arrived at Bunco, Monday night at 6:30 I noticed that my ear, which I hadn't really been able to hear out of for about a week or so, was now beginning to hurt with occasional sharp pains.  The pain continued and ended up making my whole right side of my face hurt.  When I got home around 9:30 is was getting really bad.  I tried to take two Ibuprofen and go to sleep.  Looking back, I think lying down made it feel MUCH worse.  I was contemplating going to the ER because the pain was getting so severe....but alas, my cheapness wouldn't allow it.  I truly kept thinking to myself, "Well, at some point I will pass out so maybe then I'll get some relief."  Either way, I went downstairs and got on the couch and just stayed sitting up and praying for it to get better.  It continued feeling worse and worse and I could feel the pressure building in my ear.  It felt like someone was blowing a balloon up more and more and more.  Finally around midnight all the sudden it seems to start to subside.  I heard a lot of crackling and weird noises and then I pretty much konked out and prayed that it wouldn't start back up.  As soon as I woke up this morning, I headed to a clinic that opened at 8 am. I guess I really wasn't faking because the doctor said I had a perforated ear drum and an ear infection.  He prescribed me drugs including Hydrocodone!  I didn't have that one filled, since the pain was much less but it must be bad if they prescribe that.  Anyway, it might be weeks before it's healed up so I'm taking advantage of the ear not working too well and telling the kids I can't hear them when they are complaining or asking questions that they won't like the answer to. 

After coming home from that, we headed out to do some hiking and picnicing on a trail we've never been on.  We did two miles and it was just enough.


This picture represents us well though you can't really tell.  Elle is freaking out about the possibility of a bug or a stick touching her.  Ava is goofing off and having a great time.  Levi is crying because I asked him to sit down.

It all turned out fine for Levi...he had chocolate covered cuties, a rice krispie treat and a cookie all at once to hold onto.


Ava was such a helper with Levi and was willing to hold his hand or carry him on her back when he got tired.

To continue the CWACOM dinner theme, tonight we had spaghetti twister, tomato tornado and a gigantic meatball followed by scoops of rainbow sherbert for dessert. 

No comments: