Sunday, June 01, 2014

Journey Day

The girls' Girl Scout Troop had a Journey Day yesterday at the scout house.  It went from 9-4 pm and it was a loooong day....it was a fun day too, but so very long.  We learned all kinds of stuff about our earth and environment.  I taught one station about salt water and fresh water.  I got to do all the best parts of teaching without all the cruddy parts.  We were asked to come up with a one hour class and we'd teach it three different times to three groups during the day.  I felt a little nervous, but just like when I was teaching for pay, within a few minutes of starting, I felt right at home.  The kids really liked my station so it consider that a success! 

Elle's group was all of the older girls and they stayed outside the whole day with the troop leader and got to learn TONS about the forms of energy.  I love that our troop leader has a strong background in science and math...something that most girls are weaker in!

Here was Ava and a group at my station as we learned how to reuse all the parts of a water bottle.

We also had a mediation time which was quite entertaining to watch since most of them have major problems with being still and quiet for more than 2.3 seconds.

Here's a group of girls learning about the density of salt water at my station.

And finally we began to wrap the day up at about 4 pm.  Everyone was tired but had a wonderful time!  Not sure if we'll meet again as a troop before September so we definitely went out with a bang!

No comments: