Usually you dread Mondays, but not this one!
As I said in the last post, we got to stay in a vacation home just outside of town on Sunday night. We went gigging down by the river, just like we did when we were dating. Personally I was glad not to see a snake, and the only things we did see where a few small fish and the cutest little mouse. No animals were harmed on this gigging trip.
We woke up Monday morning bright and early and ate some delicious banana muffins made by our hosts, and headed back into town; Shawn to work and me to run errands.
Here's a view from the back porch.
We agreed to be ready for adventure at 3 o'clock. We headed to Austin and rented a two-seater kayak and rowed down Lady Bird Lake. Very fun and great weather.
After that, we headed to Deep Eddy pool, which is 98 years old and the oldest cemented pool in Texas. It is fed by spring water so super cold!!!
I'm in that first picture but the pool is so big it's hard to see me....here's a zoomed in view of me....after getting in the pool, I looked like a popsicle for the rest of the time. I refused to get any more wet than I was and quickly made my way out of the pool to the grassy knoll to defrost in the sun.
We topped off our water adventure with one of our favorite Austin eats, the Hula Hut....delicious as usual and such a relaxing dinner. What a way to spend a Monday!







No comments:
Post a Comment