Last week, right before the kids left for their grandparent's house, our congregation had VBS. This was a busy year...mainly because both Shawn and I were in the skits this year....it's pretty easy to get me to act and be dramatic, but Shawn is a little harder...he does it pretty begrudgingly...which is funny because he chose a profession that has him on a stage talking to a large group multiple times a week! I guess it might have something to do with the costumes? Either way, it was a fun week and we stayed very busy each night!
Here was Levi's class...bless those teacher's hearts.
And Ava's class...she holds her own quite well with that group of all but two, boys....I should start praying for more girls her age to come here!
And Elle's class
One the first night we learned about Queen Esther, so I had all the kids make crowns. It was so cute to walk into the auditorium and see all of them wearing their crowns while singing songs.
On the second night, we learned about John the Baptizer and how he prepared everyone for the coming of Jesus by telling them about Him. So we made megaphones and decorated the outside.
I got quite a few eye rolls from parents who were wondering why I would give their child a megaphone as a craft....I politely reminded them that I would have THREE of those megaphone crafts coming home with me and would gladly share children with them, if they needed more noise in their home. That usually took care of the problem.
As if they need any help being loud.
Shawn was the narrator for the entire skit...most lines of anyone.
I was the Purple Knight. The kids never got to see my face until the last night. I talked with a man's voice until the last night when I took off my helmet. I had LOTS of people fooled! Many kids and adults had no idea that it was me under there and part of the script was that "Elvis" was supposed to be surprised and annoyed that he had been captured by a girl, so when I took off my helmet I truly got a lot of gasps! It was greatness!
On the last night of crafts, we studied David and Goliath and having the shield of faith. So, for crafts I had the kids decorate shields. I love this picture of Levi working very hard on coloring his shield.
And a last shot of all the shields drying. I had about 45 kids come through crafts each night. VBS is always a week that is a lot of fun, but there is so much relief when it's over!














No comments:
Post a Comment