Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tuesdays with Hubbie

Tuesday actually started without hubbie.  I woke up to a silent house.  It was glorious.  I headed down stairs, got myself and no one else, cereal (LUCKY CHARMS!!!), then went into the living room with said cereal (gasp!) and turned on Good Morning America, which I haven't seen since I was pregnant with Elle.  Did I mention that it was glorious?

After just a little bit of TV (GMA wasn't as interesting as I remember it to be so I started watching TLC's "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant."  That one just plain freaked me out so I turned it off!  I headed upstairs to do some craft projects that I'd been putting off specifically for this week.  Only a few oops were made, but all worked out in the end and I felt very accomplished!

Here's the fleece no-sew blanket I made for Elle for camp.  No sewing involved, but it would have gone faster if I had!

That afternoon, Shawn picked me up to watch Maleficent.  I'm pretty sure we were the youngest people in the theater.  It was 4 pm on a Tuesday so that may have had something to do with it.  Great movie by the way! 

As much as we love going to Austin for dinner, the drive just stinks.  So.much.traffic and for no good reason!

Finally we arrived at the Long Center, where every last Tuesday of the month a bunch of food trucks converge and it's glorious eating!

Shawn had heard of a food truck called The Peached Tortilla.  It had the longest line of all the food trucks so it must be good....that line was LONG and I was starving.  These two things didn't go together too well.  I wasn't sure if I was the type to get "hangry" but I found out last night that I am.  All was better when I got to eat.

It was really good food by the way...but next time, I will find it NOT on the last Tuesday at the Long Center.

We ended our night at a food truck called Cool Haus which served cookie icecream sandwiches.  I ordered the Shortstack cookies with coffee and donut icecream.  IT. WAS.SO.GOOD.
And that concludes my epic Tuesday with Hubbie.

No comments: