Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quiet on the Set!!!

Tonite we experienced something I've never been able to experience before! We got to watch a movie in the making. It all started two weeks ago when a guy called Shawn at the church building and asked if it was possible that they use the building for parking and wardrobe for a movie they would be shooting one block over. Shawn got the okay from the elders and today was the day. They began shooting early in the day. We had errands to run tonite, so we decided to go back by the place where they were shooting and see if it was still going on. The guy that Shawn worked with to allow them to use our building was out in the street when we drove up and he invited us to come watch them shoot some scenes. We were thrilled! Not long after we walked to where they were shooting, we heard the director yell "Quiet!" and we knew he meant it. Did I mention we had a 7 and 4 year old and a 14 month old. At this point it went from really interesting to terrifying...for me. It was S I L E N T for a 100 ft radius of where they were shooting and we were about 20 feet away. Immediately I began panicking thinking of Levi deciding to yell loudly in his gibberish way that he does all the time. Oh did I also mention that there was something like 40 people on set and many of them had already given me dirty looks for having creatures that might cause issues. So, I did everything I could to keep him totally silent, which really isn't possible at all. To give you an example of how quiet they wanted it, about 50 feet away a car was sitting idle and they made the person turn the car off. So anyway, he stayed pretty much silent except for one tiny peep at the very end. I cringed, expecting to hear CUT! and everyone's head whipping in my direction, but they kept on shooting, not really seeming to notice it. I'm not a gambler so we high tailed it out of there before Levi could make another noise. It was VERY interesting to see the whole process and had we been without kids, I probably would have stayed for hours watching. So, the movie is going to be called The Girl and it should be out within a year. We have no idea what rating the movie will be but probably at least a PG-13. Anyway, a very cool and interesting night!

They were shooting right behind us


Here's the scene set up
Here is what it looked like in one of the church classrooms.

2 comments:

Lauren Hope said...

i want you to make something cool like this happen when i come to visit!!

Jupers said...

Wow, how cool! Maybe they will select the children as extra's!