I believe this could also be called personality disorder stage. The third time around with a toddler is a whole different ballgame...and I mean that in a wonderful way. Things that drove me crazy with the 1st and even somewhat with the 2nd, just don't bother me much now. If anything, it's comic relief to watch the foibles of an 18 month old. If this makes any sense, they're so predictably unpredictable. One event can cause a tantrum and belly giggles all within the same minute! Anyway, we took him for his 18 month check up the other day. He's still a little thing, but totally healthy and no one seemed too concerned. They just said what they've been saying all along. Feed him lots of icecream, butter, whole milk and the like. What a life! Anyway, he's a whopping 21 lbs and 30 1/2 inches long. Thanks to Shawn, Biggies head is in the 50th% so at least that's average. lol Great stocking stuffer for Levi...banana flavored Pedisure or at least coupons for them! They are EXPENSIVE but they help him! He is saying lots of words now on his own. He repeats just about anything you say, even though you can't always understand it. He regularly wakes from his nap and the first word out of his mouth is either "Milk," "Car," or "Eat." He has started getting molars in...lots of them at once...didn't even realize it till we were at the dr. appt and he was crying and I happened to notice all these white things sticking out of his gums. All three of mine have been easy teethers :) As of yesterday, he has officially dropped down to one long afternoon nap. This is good and bad, but I'm choosing to look at the positives because, well...can't change it either way so might as well come up with the positives! He also can now voluntarily make himself toot and is always VERY proud of himself for this. It's hard to teach him not to do that, when we all laugh every time. He has a favorite pair of shoes...his blue crocs and he wants to wear them all the time. He doesn't like getting water poured on him at all during bath time, but loves being in the tub. Along those lines, here's where the personality disorder comes in. He is in that stage of toddlerhood, where they don't know exactly what they want or don't want until it's already happened. Example: we went to story time today at the library and after the story time, the kids do a craft and the librarian comes around and stamps everyones hand if they want one. Of course he did, but the minute he got one and saw it on his hand, he spazed. I had to wipe it off quickly before he completely lost it. These kinds of things make me laugh--maybe because I can relate. Sometimes, you just can't quite make up your mind! He's gotten a little better about getting his diaper changed without throwing a fit, because I immediately start talking about how he can help me by throwing the diaper away. He forgets what's going on because he's excited to throw it away. Speaking of, we are just in the very beginning stages of potty training. He tells me sometimes when he needs to poop or pee, but has no desire to sit on the potty most of the time. I'm in no hurry. He loves and I mean L O V E S anything that flies in the sky, big trucks, and dogs. He does a little freak out every time just about that he sees any one of those things. He has given us unimaginable joy and truly been a gift that far exceeded all of our wildest dreams...he is all of our baby and we are so so blessed by him....personality disorder and all.
So glad I captured this pose...this is what I see on a regular basis and it's SO cute!
The only markers allowed in our house are the washable kind. That is the only reason he was allowed to play with them... and thankgoodness they were washable.
He already had it on his face, so I went ahead and gave him a little pencil thin mustache to go with all the other stuff.
Benefit of being a toddler....not wearing pants actually makes you even cuter.
Yes, it has taken me until he turned 18 months to get serious about brushing his teeth. I'm pretty sure he's just going to need dentures....remembering to brush his teeth is impossible for me. I think I need to make myself a chart. Either way, I love this picture. I love that you can see Elle on the edge, showing him how it's done. She wasn't really brushing her teeth, but meerly being the example. Both girls have such a desire to mother him and teach him and help him (most of the time). It's precious to watch.
Now it was his turn to try it out....interesting.
Everyone show your clean teeth!
I came home from Ladies Day on Saturday and this is what greeted me at the door. He melts my heart. And to top it off, Shawn had taken all three kids to the barber shop to get Levi's hair cut and that is like taking all three to the grocery store for a huge grocery trip, expect that Levi totally FREAKS OUT at the barber shop. Shawn said it was the worst one yet. Poor barber.

No comments:
Post a Comment