Sunday, October 30, 2011

Deal of the Century

We were at Goodwill yesterday looking for a few desk organizer type things for Shawn's desk here at the house. We browsed through the furniture section to see if they had a desk that might work better than Shawn's current home office desk, which happens to be our kitchen table we got when we got married. Anyway, we stumbled upon an old dirty looking denim over sized chair that looks EXACTLY like our couches....we could not find any differences at all...like exactly! Okay, there were a few discrepancies, but only Shawn and I could tell, and no one else would be able to. Anyway my eyes immediately got huge and I started hyperventilating because I checked the tag and it was TWENTY BUCKS!!! Yes, really! Now Shawn wasn't totally sold on it. Although it was in great and I mean GREAT condition, it was dirty and had lots of pet hair on it....Shawn really really really can't stand pet hair. But, I told him I was sure it would look great once we got it home and washed the covers....so I convinced him!!! He was taking a big leap of faith because as I said, he has a thing about Goodwill (I personally LOVE IT!) As long as it can be washed with soap and hot water, I'm fine with it! So, we brought it home and crossed our fingers as we took off the slip covers, hoping not to find crazy scary stains underneath...and we were lucky! It looks perfect under the slipcover. Somehow we just really really really lucked out in stumbling upon it. I washed the slipcovers and it looks AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER than our couches!!! I can not even begin to tell you how thrilled I am that we got this piece for $20!!! I am in love with it and imagine many years of snuggling in this chair for years to come :)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Awesome deal! What are the odds?

Lauren Hope said...

I love finding stuff like that. Can't believe what you paid. Too awesome.