Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Consignment and Messy Toddler

I'm combining two unrelated posts, because I only had a few pictures, but wanted to share. First, we are slowly beginning to let Levi try to feed himself. I have no idea when this is "suppose" to happen in a toddler's life, but I'm starting to feel like it should be time?? First, he totally has no idea how to use a spoon or fork...he can hold it and touch his food with it, but the idea of scooping it up on the spoon and getting it to his mouth is impossible right now. Really, I don't blame him. Picking stuff up with your hands is way easier and afterwards, you don't even have to clean yourself up. Anyway, this was one of his first attemps with "messy" food and he didn't disappoint. Shawn and I are probably going to have to start doing rock, paper, scissors to figure out who cleans him up afterwards. But, it did make for a cute picture even though he looks like he feels guilty about something?



Here he is in a very common stance--thumb in mouth with other hand holding thumb in place. Love it!!!Anyway, I've been preparing for a consignment sale that took place this past weekend. I had a little over 150 items to sale! This is probably the last major one I'll need to consign at. All baby clothes are gone and the big girl stuff is almost unsellable after Ava is through with it. All of Levi's stuff is passed on to the two baby boys at church who are about a year younger than him. Anyway, I sold almost all of the items and made almost $200--I actually made close to $280 but my percentage is 70% plus a $10 consigner fee. It was great either way! I also was able to buy just about all the winter things the girls needed, besides shoes and tights. I spent $100 on 33 items and many of the things were in excellent condition. I even bought Levi a few small things. I sure do love our consignment sales, but I think I'm coming to the end of the line with them. Elle's size is almost nonexistent at the sales--anything about a 7 is sparse. Ava wears all of Elle's hand me downs so she's mostly covered. Anyway, it was a lot of work, but well worth what I made and what I bought!

I bought 9 dresses, 2 skirts, 15 shirts, 2 vest, and 5 pants!!!

No comments: