Today, just in the nick of time, we carved our pumpkin. I think I like this new way of doing it. Usually we carve it really early and then it's gross by Halloween. Now, we've been able to enjoy it for a while and fill our last Saturday morning before Halloween with an activity. Anyway, we decided to let Elle draw up the plans for what the face should look like. Shawn wasn't too sure about heart eyes, but I kept reminding him that it was important for her to feel like it was all her idea :) (that's hard for me too by the way....I like to "martha stewart" things and that's just not very kid friendly!) Anyway, I thought it turned out great and so did everyone else! Way to design Elle! Oh and lest I not give Ava praise...she was the only one that was okay with digging out all the seeds, all by herself. :)


This was as close as Levi wanted to get to the whole pumpkin carving process.


Here's what Levi did the whole time...played with a neighbor cat.
1 comment:
How fun! Good job mom & dad giving up some creative control. :) Also, I just read that if you rub the inside of the pumpkin with vaseline or clorox it lasts longer. Never tried it though. Also, the last picture post before this one cracked Chad and me up.
Post a Comment