Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Cafe Mon Mere

Today marks exactly one week until we leave.  One week from now, we will be on our way to London and then on to Paris to celebrate our 14 year, 4 month,  23 day anniversary.  Okay so actually we're celebrating our 15th anniversary, but we didn't want to wait until next fall when the 15th had already passed!  Anyway, I wanted to incorporate our kids as much as possible into this trip and get them excited with us, so I decided to throw a surprise French-themed dinner party tonight!  I had a lot of fun planning and preparing for this and I think they absolutely loved it! 

Le Menu



Le sassy owner of Cafe Mon Mere

I called everyone down and started playing a French CD.  I talked to them in a French accent and they were so intrigued by the whole thing that they didn't quite know what to think.  They just kept giggling at me and trying to figure out how to put on their berets.  I made one for each person in their favorite color. Took me about 4 minutes each to make them...so easy and quick!

La famille

Dinner was tres bien


Time for dessert; Banana and nutella in crepes; very Parisian

Dancing to the French CD that I checked out from the library

Time for an activity...I challenged them to make the Eiffel Tower from waffer cookies ( I did give them a picture to go by)



I think it will work!

A pink Eiffel Tower for the girls

Time to deconstruct the tower

As Shawn and I were cleaning up, I went to check on the kids and they had set up their own little French Bistro and were ordering from the waitress.  :)
 
I am anxious to be without my kids for 10 days, but I know that it is so good for them to see Shawn and me celebrating our marriage and they truly seem very excited for us.  Now, let's just get to Tuesday!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks awesome and wonderful and SO fun! Love all of you!

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jupers said...

How so very cute and imaginative! Your kids will remember these special times all their life! Ooo-lala!

Lauren Hope said...

Again, can I be part of your family? Thanks.

Just Me said...

I want the beret pattern! CUTE!

brenda said...

Fun!